Date Night

Once a month Sean and I have a date night. Once a month might seem pretty infrequent to some, but for us, it's perfect. We tend to be homebodies and like to lounge on the couch for the most part, and when we go out it usually ends up being a big group of our friends. So we set a rule, around the 10th of each month, we go out together, just the two of us. We take turns each month coming up with a date night activity. And that's where the rules stop! It can be dinner and a movie, putt-putt golf, a local museum... I have actually agreed to laser tag in the near future (if you haven't done it before, don't knock it til you try it!)

This past Friday we decided to go on a picnic.


We took my picnic basket (a hand me down from my mom) and filled it with sandwiches, potato salad, grapes, hummus and pita chips. Sean picked up a bottle of Cupcake Chardonnay, which actually does have a buttercream aftertaste! (I'm usually a bit of a skeptic about wine descriptions, but this is for real... and who doesn't love buttercream?) The wine label is excellent. As you can see, my designer mind is rubbing off on him in the grocery aisles. :)


We dragged out an old blanket I got on a trip to Acapulco with my parents, chained the visiting doggie to a nearby tree and settled in for an evening of tasty food and wine next to Queeny Park Lake. (I realize that I clash horribly with the Mexican blanket pattern but I think it's a cute picture!)

I took my Instax Mini with to take a few shots:

And of course we forgot to take a picture of the both of us until it was already dark, so this is the best attempt we could get after giving up on having any of the park in the background!


I have to say, I think it was my favorite date night yet. We'll see if I change my mind after laser tag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!