Amen, Sister.

I read this post earlier this morning and it's been stuck in my head all day. Ashley's so right, and sometimes it's hard to be able to think that the situation you're in can go one of two ways. I've really been trying lately to surround myself with positivity and spread it to others so I was extremely grateful to read her post. Right before I carried out a surprise wedding shower with my coworkers for a grad assistant in my department. Right before I got a lovely email from my boyfriend telling me he loves me. Also right before I had to scramble to get a project done, get a quote on a new (expensive) printer for the department, go to a doctor appointment, and tell a student group no, as their request was past the deadline.

This is pretty typical for a day for me, with situations that can go up and down quicker than you could ever imagine. But by training myself to keep a positive attitude, I'm trying to not sweat the small stuff, keep the people around me going, and end each day feeling fulfilled. Don't get me wrong, I find this very challenging on a daily basis. But I will say that it has to be the best goal I've set for myself to date, as it's an ongoing process of growth.

So in honor of Ashley's post, I want to say that I'm CRAZY excited that we're entering the holiday season, and I am quite thankful for that... as well as having the opportunity to catch up with old friends while tailgating at the Mizzou game tomorrow in Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!