Crazy week in review

I know it's only Wednesday, but it's been a while since I've blogged. Subtitle: Proof That I'm Still Alive.

Since I've been absent, there's been a lot going on in the life of CB. I think this calls for a list!

1. I said farewell to one of my most favorite coworkers ever in the history of coworkers. (also known as the past 8 tax payin' years for me) I was in denial about it for a while, though I knew the date was coming. Sean asked on many occasions if I was sad, and I always answered with, "lets not talk about it." Megan was an Americorps Vista in my department, and not only was her contract up, but she was accepted to grad school in California and will be leaving next month for two years. I'm so excited for her, as I've never met someone with the determination that she has (especially for making service such a high priority in her life and passing that along to others) and I know she'll be immensely successful.

But I'm going to miss our monthly lunch hour trips to a nearby thrift store for half-off day. And chatting about our significant others, family and friends. And emailing each other amazing blogs to read when we could easily walk ten steps to each others' offices to talk in person. Basically, Megan and I had a great time not working together at work. We shared a love for fashion, humor, thrifting and Etsy shopping like no friendship has ever seen. On that note, here's what Megan got as a going away present:


A department joke, but there's the humor thing I was talking about. You bet that's a skull and cross bones printed Snuggie (Ashlee's best purchase ever, second lady from the right) with "Student Life 4 Evah" ironed on letters on the front pocket (by yours truly.) Megan decided to be creepy while we were taking photos and was stroking my head. And those are most of my other female coworkers, minus a few. There aren't many men in our department...

Whew, this is going to be a long list if I keep babbling on like that. But I owe you for all of the non-posting over the last two weeks!

2. I found out I was accepted to another craft show! This one is called Strange Folk Festival. It's in O'Fallon, Illinois the weekend of September 25 & 26. I'm really excited as it's a big show (150+ vendors) and it's two days! Plus, since I prepped so well for the last show, I'm pretty much ready to go. Of course, you know I'll make sure to spend some time adding to my line of products... so be sure to come visit me at Strange Folk if you're close to St. Louis!

3. I celebrated the marriage of a friend and a friend's citizenship in one of my most favorite towns of all time, Columbia, MO. This past Saturday was busy. I went with friends Ashlee and Kaity as a post-marriage bachelorette party for Kaity and I showed them around to some of my favorite spots. This included Les Bourgeois Vineyard, Trops, and various boutiques and vintage shops downtown. I know that makes me sound like a lush, but I was in college when I lived in Columbia, so we'll just leave it at that. We neglected to take any photos, unfortunately...


After that, I met up with Sean and some of his high school friends at Shakespeare's to celebrate Gaby's (the wife of one of Sean's high school friends) citizenship. Last week Gaby finished the last step of many to become a U.S. citizen, and we celebrated with pizza, beer and a little bit of Sparky's for a few of us before heading back to St. Louis. Everyone made sure to bring plenty of cheesy clearance 4th of July paraphernalia to help Gaby celebrate. If you ever plan on going to Columbia, I highly recommend all of the above venues... and then some. That was a lot to fit into one day but it was soooo satisfying to be back!

4. I started moving. Boy do I dislike moving. It's been two and a half years since I had to move last. I know in the end I'll be satisfied, as I'm moving in with Sean at his current rental house, but the process is so daunting. We have a lot of stuff. A lot of duplicate stuff. Personally, I've never owned so much stuff. My dad helped me move to St. Louis in a minivan. Before that I could always carry all my belongings in my tiny two door car. It's a process. In addition, I have two kitties (whom Sean loves, thank goodness) that have never lived anywhere but my apartment. Plenty of cat-proofing to be done. In the process of moving, the fan in my car decided to stop working. Great timing, when I'm a sweaty mess from lifting boxes and it's the middle of July in St. Louis. Fixed that as quick as possible. Can you see why blogging has not been at the top of my to do list lately?

5. I continued to procrastinate with Sean as far as taking pictures of the book he proposed to me with. I apologize. See #4. We'll get there, I promise.

6. I bought a bike. The plan is to do the MS 150 ( 40 miles a day version) in September, but we'll see how that works out. Either way, I'm excited to check out the nearby trail on my new Schwinn. I wasn't so excited to pick out a dorky helmet. Why do they have to make them look so ridiculous? Really, not everyone who rides a bike is interested in looking like a Transformer. I finally found a decent one at a decent price, but it was quite the struggle. Especially when my bike's so darn cute! I have a thing for white... white ipod case, 2 white cameras, white bike... what else could I possibly buy in white!?!

7. Well, how convenient... I planned a trip with my mom and best friend from college to try on (white) Watters wedding dresses at a trunk show over Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure if I'll find what I'm looking for the first time around, but I know it's going to be a fun trip! All I know is I'm in love with a good majority of the Watters line, so it feels like a good place to start.

FYI, I don't plan on sharing too much about our wedding here prior to the big day, as I know many of our guests read my blog, but I'll be sure to drop hints every now and then. There's just no way I'll be able to keep everything a secret!

8. I decided to participate in the Christmas in July sale on Etsy. Visit the Clever Betty shop between now and the 25th for 20% off all wristlet clutches! You can also search Etsy to find other sellers who are participating in the sale by typing "christmasinjuly" or "cij" into the search box.

So, there you have it folks. Thanks for reading my novel. I'm hoping to be back in regular blogging action after such an eventful couple of weeks- as well as visiting yours!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe we didn't take any pictures on Saturday--what were we thinking?!?

    ReplyDelete

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!