I'm Obsessed.

Can we talk about something? Something you more than likely don't know about me? I have an obsession. An obsession with string music. Have you seen this commercial?


That's Bach's Suite for Cello No. 1 playing in the background. You might have also heard it if you saw this movie. (which I highly recommend) I have no idea why, but every time I hear that solo I stop whatever I'm doing to listen. And smile. It just makes me happy. You know what else makes me happy? These guys:


Also known as Vitamin String Quartet. They have just about 20 solid pages of string instrumentals to pretty much any and every song you could ever imagine on iTunes. Go ahead and check it out.

Wedding planning only brings this obsession out even more. Here's what goes on in my brain: Which songs could I use during our ceremony? Should I have the dj help us out with VSQ tracks, or find a local quartet to perform? Will our guests recognize the songs?

Which leads me to oooh... I get to make programs for the ceremony... what kind of paper should I use? When can I start? Have I decided on our colors... yes and no. I'll probably change my mind. Oh, maybe I should ask my potential bridesmaids to actually be bridesmaids already? Or is it to early? How exactly will I do that, because I can't just call them, no, I have to be creative about it...

Oye. Talk about a chain of events. I've got some work to do.

1 comment:

  1. I have two words for you: Zoe Keating. Go look her up on Itunes. Soak in the awesome.

    I am also ashamed to admit that I just realized I never answered your typeface question! [cringing and looking sheepish] The swirly goodness is called "Nelly Flourish". There's also a Nelly Plain that coordinates nicely. You can find 'em both at this dangerously addictive website: http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/tart-workshop/nelly-script-flourish/

    And give me a holler if you want to talk paper ideas. :-)

    Your wedding is going to rock! Err, gently slide?

    ReplyDelete

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!