The month I disappeared... part one

I know you're all dying to know why in the world I didn't blog one time during the month of August. So I'm going to do a little recap to show you what I was up to during that time! Primarily... this is what was on my plate:


Moving Casa de Laurenzo. This was the first and only apartment I ever lived in by myself. Sometimes I miss it... and then I remember that I have a dishwasher now and I get over that.


Oh, and there's the security of Sean always being around. I'm really not the kind of person who wants to be alone very often, so there's another thing that makes me happy about Sean :)


That's Nelson in the office. He's a bit of a ham... if it were up to him, he'd be in every one of these pictures. Fortunately, Sean, Nelson and Greta get along great, so they're also enjoying their new home. I never managed to get any photos of the bedroom, which is unfortunate, because it had the best light you could ever imagine, especially for being in an apartment that you could reach out the window and hold hands with your neighbor if you wanted to.


All empty and clean... so very, very clean. It's really amazing to me how much cats can shed.


This is the only thing I left behind. My front door is to the top left of the photo, and this is coming down the stairs (it was a 4 family flat, 2 up, 2 down) The first time my parents came to visit after I moved in was for Easter in 2008. My dad saw the dust that had settled on this ledge and wrote his name in with his finger. I think the fingerprints were from a friend that didn't realize there was dust there and tried to swing down the stairs. I never had the heart to clean it because it made me smile every time I left my apartment.

I love where I live now even more, but after 2 and a half years, I definitely miss bits and pieces of my first apartment. But definitely not the lack of a dishwasher and central air. Nope, I'm totally over that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!