February DIY: Warm Fuzzies

Psst... did you notice that Valentine's Day is only a week away? If you're scrambling for an idea for a card to go with your flowers and chocolates, I've got you covered!

We're going to start the monthly tutorials on this blog with a super simple card that you can probably make in 20 minutes or less. Super simple here friends! Here's what you'll need:



And some of this kind of stuff too:


Obviously your color choices are up to you, but you'll at least need some yarn, some kind of fabric, glue, scissors, a blank card and an envelope.


Cut a heart shape from your fabric. I usually just fold the fabric in half and freehand cut so when you unfold it both sides are the same.


Glue the fabric to the front of the card, and outline the fabric with glue. Take your yarn and start winding it around the shape of the heart, adding more glue to stick it down as you go.


I decided to add a second color of yarn, but you can make it however you want!


I thought about getting crazy with the yarn here and just continuing to cover the front of the card with it, but since I'm mailing this card, I didn't want to go overboard due to postage. I'd love to see yours if you try that route!


This part is really up to you, but since we're using yarn, I decided to go with a "warm and fuzzy" theme. You could say "You make my heart warm and fuzzy..." or add a little something extra depending on your recipient.


So there you go! A quickie V-Day card that's totally customizable in color, material, shape, wording and design. And I made it using materials I already had at home. :) I do hope you'll share your cards with me if you make one!

3 comments:

  1. So cute!

    I bought two letter press V-Day cards at the Craft Alliance on the Loop this weekend but will keep this in mind for future cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for contacting me! I'm so happy to have met you through blogging! I'm always excited to meet fellow Mizzou grads and MO residents!!

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com
    ashley dot hasty at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super cute card! I already mailed my cards, but I'm going to keep this in mind.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!