This week I learned...
1. You don't always get what you asked for... the above photo is what I found when I opened a recent order from Gap.com... except I really ordered an umbrella. They do have a very nice customer service rep at their 1-800 line named Sally, however.
2. Speaking of customer service... being nice goes a long way, and it's really not that hard to do. Being mean is something I'll probably hold against your business forever, because you had no reason to be mean in the first place!
3. The whole process of looking for, shopping for, finding and ordering bridesmaid dresses is entirely too complicated. Surely someone can figure out a way to simplify this process. Thankfully, this is about a couple of weddings that I'm a bridesmaid in... my 'maids are all done, head to toe! I am also in no way calling those brides Frankenstein- it's the stores, not the brides. I just thought the cartoon was funny.
4. I'm the rare American who could live without the Superbowl. Actually I learned that a long time ago, but I remembered it this past weekend. By the way, when it comes to Christina Aguilera, I think she's an amazing singer. I just wish that people could straight up sing the national anthem the way it was meant to be sung, without adding their own personal touch and every last octave known to man. I think they might be able to remember the words a bit more easily that way.
5. It's fun to watch Sean start a new hobby. I can't wait to taste the American Wheat he bottled this week... and the Belgian Whit he's ordering supplies for because he knows I like it!
6. A little bit more about IP addresses when it comes to connecting the internet to a Time Capsule. Let's just say we probably don't need three computers at this point, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of the ol' Powerbook G4 (circa 2005, I'm all about stretching out the life of expensive purchases) even if it is a total pain in the butt, runs slow and occasionally decides it's sleepy when I'm not ready to be done with what I'm working on.
What did you learn this week? Happy Friday, everyone!
Labels: what I learned