Summer Showers Part 1

You already saw the virtual shower I created for Jackie last year. June included a shower for me thrown by my Aunt in Chicago, July was a baby shower for my sister-in-law, and August, another shower for me thrown by my Maid of Honor Emily and my mother-in-law. Talk about a lot of showers!

So my Aunt Marilyn graciously offered to throw me a shower in Chicago, where a good majority of my extended family lives. It was so convenient to have a shower there so most of my family members didn't have to travel for a shower and the wedding, and we got to take a trip to IKEA on our drive back to St. Louis! My Aunt and Uncle have a gorgeous house with the perfect space for entertaining in their backyard. In fact she also threw a shower in September in the backyard for my cousin who got married in November as well! Marilyn is quite the entertainer. Here's what we walked into when we got to the backyard:


She knew one of my wedding colors was purple :)



Guests piled their gifts up on the table and we ate delicious food, opened gifts, and played wedding bingo at the decorated tables in the yard. The shower happened to fall on the weekend of the one year anniversary of Sean's proposal.



My Maid of Honor Emily and Bridesmaid Becky made the trip up with my mom, Sean's mom and I for the shower.


Family on my Dad's side: my mom, me, Grandma, Aunt Vicki, cousin Greg's girlfriend Cami and cousin Jason's wife Colleen.


Family on my mom's side: cousin Jen, cousin Hailey, Aunt Lori, me, mom and host Aunt Marilyn.


My mother-in-law (to be at the time!) Karen and Becky.

This shower was such a fun time, and it was a beautiful day to enjoy my Aunt's backyard while catching up with family I don't see very often. It was nice to get out of St. Louis for a while, and I can't say I've ever had quite the soiree thrown in my honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!