Wow, how is it already March 8? Time flies, that's for sure! If you want to follow my progress, here's my initial resolutions for 2010, and here's February's recap.
1. Eat healthier. Still not doing so well. Sean and I were talking about this last week and at one point I went, "I don't remember the last meal I ate that wasn't carb-full and veggie-less." Oops. Of course, girl scout cookies have to come out about this time of year as well...
2. Stick to my workout schedule. Doing much better. And I should be, as the Undy 5000 is at the end of this month, and I really want to be able to make it through the whole thing without dying! I would love to be able to run more often, but after about 4 miles in a week, my knees are begging for a rest. I'm aiming for about 8-10 miles and hitting around 6, and I've also been swimming. P90x starts in April...
3. Continue saving 25% of my net income. Still successful, thankfully this month to a little bit of a tax return. Hoping that Spring will lower my utilities a bit!
4. Tell important people in my life that I love and appreciate them. Still doing pretty good. I've made more of an effort to spend time with people as opposed to shutting myself into my studio... this is a delicate balance for me. March is the start of monthly date night with Sean! We've decided that we need to go on a date, out somewhere, at least once a month. For March we're going to do dinner and see Alice in Wonderland in 3d :)
5. Become a better thrift shopper. I haven't bought a single clothing item other than one skirt (for $4!) at a local thrift store. It was handmade and didn't have any kind of size on it, and said thrift store doesn't have dressing rooms for some reason... but I took a chance and it fits perfectly! Working on getting a picture of that gem for you to see.
6. Stay organized and clean. This is going great! I've overcome the dish washing thing a bit better, probably because I'm not so afraid of my hands bleeding from getting so dried out from the dish soap like they did all winter. However, am thinking the cats could use a good shave... or an outdoor lifestyle.
7. Limit the amount of time I spend on the computer when at home. Time at home? What time at home? I'm either cutting fabric, sewing fabric, or buying fabric... or watching Lost. I'd say I'm doing pretty good with this, except when I get the urge to look something up immediately. Then I get a little carried away.
8. Read more for fun. I was really putting off this post so that I could say I finished that stinking book leftover from August! I'm about 10 pages away, FINALLY. I did manage to read the Lizzy House e-book I got for V-day, and have the Happiness Project that everyone's been blogging about on the back burner.
9. Take more time to enjoy life and better myself. I haven't picked up my guitar all month. Sean taught himself to play Red Right Ankle (one of my faves) for me last week, so that's giving me a little inspiration to get going. The Illustrator classes were a joke... let's just say I was disappointed that I already knew more than the instructor about the topic.
10. Open the Clever Betty shop. Ok, so you know it's open, but now I actually sold some things! And was featured in a blog, and a Storque article. (I know that's cheating since it was March, but I'll count it since I'm running late with my post :) Things are going well.
Well. I don't know how interesting this will be after this post as it's usually thumbs up, down, eh, over and over. Next time I think I'll do something a little different so as not to bore you (or myself!)