Show Me Art, Show Me Hope

Something I didn't mention in my last post that also happened on my birthday was the disastrous tornado in Joplin, Missouri. Joplin is clear across the state from me, but I do know people that live there and whose homes were destroyed in the storm. Aside from that, I'll be the first person to admit being terrified of tornadoes (good thing I live in the midwest, eh?) and I can't help but empathize with with the people who have lost their families, homes and lives due to this catastrophe.



Recently my friend Laura shared a link on Facebook yesterday that I'm hoping goes viral. She works for a design firm in town called Moosylvania, and they recently started a project called Show Me Art, Show Me Hope that benefits the United Way Small Business Fund for Joplin. Not only is it awesome art (and it comes signed by the designer!) but all the proceeds go to helping rebuild the city of Joplin. Do me a favor and head over to their shop right now.



All images via Moosylvania. Designed by Laura Hoeman, Jacob Etter, Skylar Salisbury, Hilary Clements and Rachel Hamblin

1 comment:

  1. I love those prints! My neighbor's friend (the one I was telling you about with the craft shop in Baltimore) is hosting a virtual raffle for the victims as well: http://www.gatherhereonline.com/_blog/GatherMakeRepeat/post/Coming_Soon_Joplin,_Missouri_Fundraiser/

    They definitely need our help!

    ReplyDelete

Come on I know I said something that you're just dying to comment on... won't you share what's on your mind? I love hearing what you have to say whether it's a response, a simple hello or a great idea. Comments make me smile!